Saturday, March 8, 2014

Real Life Sets In, Journey through Lent with the Psalms

Yesterday, did you read Psalms 9 through 12? I did on the 7 am flight to Boston. Instead of my print Bible I had my NRSV on my Kindle. The two commentaries I have chosen, one by CS Lewis and one a commentary for preaching and teaching by John Mays are also on my Kindle. What I didn't have during the day was time to stop and connect to the internet to post to this blog. I struggled with yesterday's psalms. Reading through the words seemed in a voice of someone else. The writer(s) did intend to place the voice of the individual's struggle into the voice of the congregation. Yesterday these texts did not resonate with me. And that too is real life with biblical texts. Today, read Psalms 13-16.

No comments:

Post a Comment