Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Daily Devotion - Psalm 25

The poetry and prayer in this psalm lead us to place our human lives in intimate relationship with God.  On a day what the revelry of Mardi Gras is in full swing, these verse offer another way to look at, and within, ourselves.

Verses 3-5
Do not let those who wait for you be put to shame;
let them be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous.
Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truth, and teach me,
for you are the God of my salvation;
for you I wait all day long.

1 comment:

  1. I know what Mardi Gras is supposed to signify.
    But without seeming judgemental, do you think those partying folks are gonna fast for 40 days?.... Maybe recover from the hangover...
    And if I am being a tad judgemental, "Make me know your ways, O Lord; and keep my mouth shut...

    Ceil I.

    ReplyDelete