Monday, February 20, 2012

Daily Devotion - Psalm 25

The season of Light (Epiphany) concludes and the Season of Prayer (Lent) begins. Psalm 25 is both a poem and a prayer.  In many congregations, it will be read this coming Sunday, the first Sunday of Lent.

Each day this week, a few verses of the Psalm will be offered for your prayer, your reflection, your wonderings.  You might keep it with you throughout the day.  Is there a different prayer that comes forth for you from these words in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening?

Psalm 25 verses 1 and 2

To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
O my God, in you I trust;
do not let me be put to shame;
do not let my enemies exult over me.

1 comment:

  1. Plain and simple talk with God. It depends on where you find yourself at any point in the day....me? I when I open my eyes in the a.m....I like "O my God, in you I trust" ...start the day anxiety free....or somewhat anxiety free...but then again, it depends....

    Ceil I.

    ReplyDelete