Thursday, February 7, 2013

Another reflection to share

As I read for spiritual challenge and nurture, as I read for sermon preparation, as I read to pray, I am always glad to discover reflections written by colleagues.  In parish ministry while my life and times focus on the congregation I serve, often I have colleagues and friends with whom I have shared a project or season of ministry but who I do not see face to face on a regular basis. Reading a colleague's writing brings me back into that friendship.

So I share today a reflection written by a colleague found, like many others I have shared, in Daily Feast, Meditations from Feasting on the Word, Year C, by Lewis F. Galloway.

1 Corinthians 15:1-11

"Receiving the Gospel is not simply giving assent to the articles of a creed.  Receiving the Gospel is not a matter of accruing one more good thing to a life that is already full of good things. Receiving the Gospel is discovering in Christ a new center of existence, a new power for living, a new perspective from which to view all things."

No comments:

Post a Comment