Friday, February 22, 2013

Bible Reading Challenge

Today I caught up.  The challenge began on Ash Wednesday and I started yesterday.  So today I've read through, Genesis 22-27, Psalm 9, and, Matthew 9.

I noticed, again, how much of Matthew we hear read aloud in church yet we hear it in a completely different order.  The teachings that begin with Matthew 5 continue in a sequence through Matthew 7.
Those chapters could be Lent reflection for spiritual growth in 2014!

What did you notice?

For my Bible I am using The Life with God Bible, New Revised Standard Version, published by Harper Bibles.  The editor is Richard Foster, a well known writer on the Christian Spiritual Life.  In addition to notes on the texts there are more extensive notes on spiritual disciples and how to use the texts for spiritual formation.

Did you go to Bible Reading Challenge or Diocese of Maryland website to download the daily reading?  Are you with me and our bishop as we read through the Bible Ash Wednesday 13 to Ash Wednesday 14?  Follow my blog, comment, and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment