Monday, August 29, 2011

This Day

This morning the sun is shining in Ellicott City.  The air is calm. And, while I have a schedule planned, can I truly say I know what is going to happen this day?  One could even say I have a forecast of the day.  The appointment and to do lists.  My priorities are numbered so that I can appropriately attend to the prayer, spiritual, education, physical and emotional needs of those in my care.  Will it happen in that order?  Will another need or priority emerge.  Likely.

Even on a calm, sunny, planned day it will not unfold as predicted.  That is normal.  Despite what we know at the beginning of the day, can we with certainty know the future?

Add to the normal chain of events a hurricane, the likelihood of the unexpected increases many times over.

Our lives always carry the possibility of the unexpected be it within the normal range or in the hurricane range.   This day we pull aside each veil to reveal what is next knowing Christ is always before us.


No comments:

Post a Comment